Tuesday, September 24, 2002


I think its funny how I can be spiritual and incorporate all sorts of stuff into it, but occasionally I find something and I'm like "ok where the fuck did this come from and how does it work?" I mean its good that that happens I like it, its challenging and generally just opens up my view even more but certain specific beliefs sometimes feel threatened. So I was in this chatroom and someone mentioned Mithra (feel free to look up) and I was like "hmmm I have heard that name before..." cuz im a big mythology monkey but I couldn't remember who or what mithra was. So I looked into it, and I was like "oh shit" cuz I mean most of it I don't believe in anyway (I mean like virgin birth, dec 25th, that sort of shit I figured was made up) but sometimes things are too similar, "so what?" I asked myself and couldn't come to any conclusions except I felt threatened in some way. I still don't know why, I mean none of my real beliefs are threatened, just some side notes that people tend to throw in with them. Oh well its good its good. Um I need to start keeping a list of all the cds I have to buy when I get back cuz I got like 10 already and that sucks.

Something popped into my head last night I was gonna share it, it was like a story and a feeling and now I cant remember it. My Mom is getting all nervous about my lil trip, this is strange because at 12 she took me to Hong Kong and let me roam around on my own. Around the same time she encouraged me and Pete to ride our bikes into Minneapolis even though Pete's Mom wouldn't even let him ride to knollwood. We always went to ridgedale anyway, samples of daq from the BR, little pink plastic spoons. I guess if she is in, or around the city, she has no problem. She has seen the world and has only been afraid of one place as far as I know, (one of her last trips to Africa, she said the people were beautiful but there was no hope) One of the few times my Mom has ever said anything like that.

Oh yes the YMCA in Hong Kong is a fancy place, not like a gym or a youth center or whatever it is here, its like a resort, fancy meals you have to eat with manners. My Mom and I and this other guy (can't remember his name) sat together at one table. I was mad at him at the time, because he had scolded me at a little cocktail party thing we attended, (I didn't like something i was eating so I threw it on the sidewalk, not like it was big or messy or anything just like a little appetizer, and he was really pissed about it for some reason but then when i picked it up he told me to throw it in the bush 2 feet further away) anyway he was sitting with us at the YMCA to make sure we(me and him) were cool. I guess I had no reason to be mad at him, but to this day I still don't get it. Anyway I found out what chocolate mousse is at that YMCA restaurant. I called it pudding someone corrected me end of story.

Sorry that just came to my head last night, Hong Kong is an island, and it is mountainous and hilly and to keep landslides from happening they cement the hills, but then they have little air holes and stuff in the cement, its weird. Did I mention all around the government housing area in Hong Kong are giant sky scrapers, you don't see anything else even though the mountains and hill housing and stuff is visible because some of the world's richest men live and work in those buildings, and from their office windows they look down on tiny cubicles 4 square feet on top of 4 square feet, no fourth wall, family of four. needless to say no kitchen, dining room, bathroom, game room, kids play in the dirt and trash lot that is their home, while their parents scavenge for food in the dumpster 2 blocks down. I know I have written all this before (maybe here maybe in other places, just fun images)

"do the evolution" and "pagan poetry" are still in my top videos of all time, I suggest you find them they are pretty stunning each in their own way. (i saw them today) according to Courtney Love a new nirvana CD will be out by Christmas. wonder if I will like it... I think I have listened to bleach more than any other in the past few years. followed by muddy banks and unplugged. I was amazed at how And justice for all (metallica) could bring me back so easily last night, I was depressed like back in jr high, great music but what makes a person devote their life to being depressed all the time? Was I so unaware of the beauty this world held? or just in culture shock.

"and every breath that is in your lungs, is a tiny little gift to me, is a tiny little gift to me.." ~white stripes one of those cds i have to get (plus they are mad hot), also the strokes even though i have a love hate relationship with them they have one part of each song i love and that makes it ok. in "someday" its the chorus especially when he goes higher on the "alone we stand, together we fall apart"

im gonna hook up with some european cats and form a shitty band that becomes popular and then yall can claim you knew me before i became an even bigger jerk it'll be great, and yes u can all have free tickets, but back stage passes are reserved for those who perform sexual favors and/or smoke as much crack as I do. Tropical punch kool aid is the ultimate in refreshments, even though its not good warm like diet coke.

hmm also I realized once again working alone tonight, that yes, I was frightened by large men who approached me fearing repeats of angry man last week, I almost felt weird rocking out to "the last stop" by DMB even though I love that song, just cuz it sounds "arabian" and talks about war. Fucking guy made me paranoid. fucking me. Shit I wrote a lot. Oh well talk to ya later.

No comments: