Monday, September 02, 2002

I aint gonna write about this artistically cuz that would be stupid but I do have to mention it, so Perkins reopened like yesterday after a 3-4 month continual letdown, and I have become a big fan of perkins over the past few years. I mean i rememebr last summer me and my pals would go once every week or 2 and when I was bored and hungry and alone at 4 in the morning i would go just to people watch, cuz the food wasnt that bad and the place had atmosphere like you wouldnt believe at 4 in the morning on a wednesday. So this reopening was like a big deal for cats of all ages, sober and non sober alike, cuz we were sick of visiting our cleaner more respectable and wealthier neighbors in Hopkins and Edina all summer. I mean they didnt have that friendly cop who would seat ya on the weekends when the place was packed, and they didnt have waitors who were on crack or mad ganj all night, who would sneak into the backrooms with a smile on their face, cuz they were gonna blaze at work. Not to mention the waitors, as well as the customers at our Perkins are just way friendlier than the snotty cats who actually vacuum their carpet. So anyway it opens, I didnt go cuz I was playin cards with my homies, takin cash off Nick H, but I did go tonight and well Not great. Me and my companion for the evenin both decided (even though she went yesterday too) that its just not the same. No ripped up cushions in the booths, no booths basically, and the atmosphere is literally cut in half cuz the smoking and non smoking sections are now divided (what fun is that? Ok i will probably be less likely t die young, but life is about livin) So anyway the food and service was better, but its less casual its like an actual resturant. We decided that maybe after a few months when its been thoroughly broken in it might be able to win some respect back. For now, I miss laying down with a foot up staring at all sorts of interesting cats, on slashed seats, piggin out on bad food, good convo, a story to tell to friends who werent there at least every other time (word up to shawn or whatever that guys name was) bad service by cool cats who I know goo in the sauce which I will never use, and a friendly or at least a "oh i think i remember this kid" look everytime I walk in the door. Thats the perkins I know and love thats what I will remember (throw back to earlier post on me and love)

No comments: