Wednesday, October 02, 2002


So I went shopping I got a backpack and sleeping bag and even looked at $15 socks (of course I didn't buy them) then my Mom wanted some Mexican food and since I don't eat Mexican food we went to the Lone Spur Grill or whatever on cedar lake so anyway I was checking out this amazing painting they have that seemed totally out of place in a restaurant, cuz it was dark and creepy (which is why I liked it) but it did have like western us kinda stuff. Ok I will describe it. It had like an oxen skull thing or whatever that is thats always in the desert, which was the main thing and rather large like dividing up the picture. and inside that was an American Indian man with long black hair and he had his back to the viewer and his arms raised, above the eyes of the skull, but like reaching into the sky, but he was like blended into the skull so that you didn't like have to see him but he was there. and on top of the skull there was like a dark blue and black sky with like American Indian crosses which were like birds flying and below on both sides of the skull was like orange redish streaks like fire but also like prairie and then like darkness its really hard to describe but it was like so cool. Then while I was staring at this the waiter in a pink shirt and a big grin on his face came around the corner and looked at me, and he looked really familiar. So he took our order and I kept think about it and I was sure it was this guy I knew and like respected but I had never seen him up close and it had been a year since I'd seen him and he didn't have any facial hair, so I wasn't entirely sure. So my Mom and I ate and everytime he would come back I was like sure I was like "its gotta be him" so I told my Mom and she persuaded me to ask and I agreed, but then we kinda finished up and he gave us the bill and I scanned it and saw the name Geoff. So I got up all quickly and asked a manager what Geoff's last name was and he was like "uh he can tell you, or wait" and he went back and found out and he goes "fischbein" and I was like "oh yeah" (really cool) So I waited around for fish to come out and I was like "hi um I'm shy but uh I wanted to tell you uh I have seen you play a couple of times and I think you are amazing and um I like you" and he was smiling the hole time and he was like "yeah done I, haven't we meet?" and I was like "yeah maybe at the bon, but um hey you know that public access thing u did, when is that gonna be on again?" and he's like "i dunno but i can get you a tape if you come in next Wednesday, im workin" and it was so great and he shook my hand twice and then as we were leaving i noticed my mom only gave him a couple of bucks tip (if u know me u know i do like 5 minimum) but anyway yeah that was my story i saw fish cuz he works at Lone spur. Hes so nice though ah. Anyway just to give u some background if you don't know who I am talking about Fish went to park I think and hes pretty old now but um he use to open for mu maker and some other bands and he plays acoustic guitar really well and in a different style then most and hes just really good and I like him very much although not everyone does. Yeah so like just a week ago I found myself trying to find him on the Internet so I could get that videotape of him on public access and now he said he will copy it himself for me oh wonderful world. Of course even if I can convince someone to go get it for me Im still not gonna see it for a year but its worth the wait I think, after all its been a year since I saw it. Oh well anyway have fun.

No comments: