Monday, October 21, 2002

I think I will write like 50 small little things now...

\\\so the other day at 7:00 in the morning, while it was raining in Amsterdam, i fell asleep at an Internet cafe for 5 mins, and got kicked out. No warning.

So I spent most of yesterday, unhappy, or rather exhausted and miserable.

Last night I once again befriended the man from central train station. He told me he is homeless and i asked him a few questions about it. He drank beer and watched people. He says 'life is hard, very hard." especially in the winter. He doesn't seem to judge, but does make faces at people, and whispers things to women as they walk by.

(I just wrote like this long post and erased it accidently so now i have to write it all over again)

2 men from Belgium started hitting on me at the train station. This didn't bother me, but i was sort of uncomfortable by how close they were to me (personal space)
They eventually just asked "do you like girls or boys?" i answered girls and they left rather quickly. I was sort of sad when they left, not cuz i wanted to be hit on, but it was nice to talk to people.

So feeling lonely, I got a piece of scrap paper 5x7 and wrote smile on it in large block letters. Then held it in my lap so people passing by would see it. I got 104 people to smile, and all i did was hold it and smile at people. (keep in mind this is a cold wet night in Amsterdam) It was great. Also several people made enthusiastic comments, gave thumbs up, and 2 people even had their picture taken with me. They offered money and i said i was fine.

I felt good after that. I celebrated by buying a full meal. Sadly it was at McDonald's.

Last night I talked to Paulo and Borja who are from Barcelona. All the Spanish people i have met have been really nice. Borja is apparently a popular spanish name, but me and a Canadian girl both had never heard it before.

I went to the Van Gogh museum today. Its rather nice, I am a fan. I took notes on techniques i liked.

I also went to a the rijksmuseum which is a huge art museum they takes more than an hour to see, but thats all i had before they closed.

I feel like creating masterpieces, but have no talent, patience, strength, or time.

I haven't written or drawn anything really, nothing decent. I am getting lots of inspiration i suppose, but yeah.

I have decided once again that I really like Adrianne's writing tonight. This is like the 50 millionth time. I wish i could write like her and her friends, but it would be very un me like. I have no polish, or paint.

Also I keep getting homesick. its not like in London with the panic attacks or whatever, its just like nostalgia, and a need for warmth. I think things like "life is so much nicer when your mom takes care of everything and you can just enjoy it as it comes."

They feed rolls to the birds here, i am jealous sometimes. I have been looking all over town for cheap food, i find very little. I did eat melonsalade today which was good. But watermelon is out of season.

I probably have like 9 million more things to complain about but i will spare you and go back to trying to figure out where to go next. Peace and love, G' journey to you all.


No comments: