Saturday, August 31, 2002

"Too many puppies with guns in their hands.
Too many puppies in foreign lands.
Are dressed up sharp in suits of green and
Placed upon the war machine." ~Primus

So my Mom might work for the army as like a chaplain in Germany (my Mom is a pastor, religion is one of the many topics I will have to share at some point in the future to bring u people up to date on well me) but anyway this means she will be able to visit me and pay for things (which is slightly good and slightly bad) it also means she will be working for the army, which I realized today means she is doing something I myself have decided I can never do. "Why is this a problem?" you ask well if you know me you know I walk around with a peace sign on my neck and if you saw me at school all last year, on my face as well. "What does that mean?" it means I don't agree with war, something my Mom also agrees with, I believe. So if the draft starts up I'm CO, I will do my community service with pride. If not Canada is a beautiful country. "Still what's the big deal with your Mom? it's not like she is killing anyone." ok so I use to think that too I was like "well i could be a medic or even a chaplain, you know?" but then I realized war, is war whether your fixing up a guy who has just been shot by people he was shooting at, or blessing him to go kill more people. its war, its evil, its wrong no matter what even if your cause is "just" your still being evil. If a "terrorist state" is treating us bad cuz they think its "right" its not anymore "right" to go fuck them up. Its all propaganda.
Im not saying the army's job isnt sometimes necessary, when I see someone calling another person names, or hurting them physically I stop them too. Im just saying if I stop them by calling them names or hurting them physically its just as bad. So mixed feelings about it. Feel free to say your opinion on the matter or subject in general, I like to hear what people have to say. Im also not saying im guilt free I mean I'm just as evil and often more evil than the next guy, but I do try to be honest about it, like if I'm starting a war over oil, I'll tell the people exactly that.

No comments: