Wednesday, August 21, 2002

So, (something to show you who I am) There has been this like dream of mine (for as long as I can remember) to be able to see like only the good in people, see only the good things they can accomplish only their positive side, the characteristics that make them so beautiful so very worthy of love. I'm not there yet, I have made some progress but really I'm not even close. However when I do let my walls down put my love and faith and trust into a person, which doesn't happen often, I do tend to start only thinking of the person positively, anything they do or say wrong, becomes easily forgivable. Not on the spot of course, but within a day or so my love for them is pretty pure again. However, a problem I have come into, with this way of living is, people make mistakes, they aren't perfect, and they do not always live up to their potential, or the goals you or even they set for themselves. This is easily forgivable of course, but disappointing. Disappointment is not always a bad thing it helps you and the person reevaluate, and sometimes even get closer, however it can be frustrating when it occurs regularly, this can lead to fighting and even breakups and "tainted love" as I usually say. Now normally this would be OK, I mean it's hard, your feelings got hurt, maybe you feel betrayed whatever, but that's it, your done, move on you know? The weird thing is though, with this whole only seeing the positive side, you get over the hurt within a few days and go back to remembering them (for months, years) as beautiful, worthy of love, like totally amazing people. So, you still wait for your (ex) favorite parent everyday after school (he doesn't come), still save a spot for you (ex) best friend at the lunch table for 3 years (he sits somewhere else), you still look for your (ex) girlfriend's car at every intersection, and hope maybe she is waiting for you in a movie theater every time you check out a film (even though you now have nothing in common and both of you are sure the other can't stand you, though at least one of you hopes that isn't true)

----Still I think of this as a wonderful gift and wish I could fall for everyone that way.
Peace and Love to You -Taff

No comments: