Tuesday, August 20, 2002

The first posting I was supposed to have had, had I been on top of things a few weeks ago when I wrote it, too bad it really loses its flavor now.
"Crowded Minnesota basements are a terrifying thought to any self respecting schizophrenic, obsessive compulsive hypochondriac with a great big case of claustrophobia and a tendency to exaggerate, especially ones in which that crowd is made up of older strangers trashed on beer and smoking like there is no tomorrow (or at least no cigarettes tomorrow) oh plus really bad lighting (like most basements) and a semi damp feeling cold carpet. Yeah so why brave this hideous environment? I can maybe think of 4 decent reasons.
1. You are just as drunk as they are.
2. You are with a beautiful woman or multiples
3. Its well before WW2, Hitler is there and you have a gun (talk him out of it, don't kill him)
4. A great band is playing in the immediate vicinity

If u know me and my straight edge ways and you understand that 3 is just a made up situation then your only question is what band Mike?
and the answer is Seven Days Remain cuz they rule!!
If you don't know them they are like grungy rock which fits the basement filled with smoke perfectly otherwise why would I be there u know? Anyway Beautiful show, slightly creepy atmosphere, all cut short on the last song by a power shortage in the bass amp. Oh music when will you ever learn? "
This Post was cut short cuz I was lazy but it was the first one before I went to Vancouver Last week....

No comments: