Tuesday, April 01, 2008

The best way to deal with embarrassing things is to talk about them right?





I always know when I suddenly break out that its time to change my pillow covers.
That is, if I haven't changed soaps or diet, or stopped washing my face obsessively and such.
My pillow covers are t shirts by the way, something i picked up from an mtv show when I was 16.
The most unfortunate of these "blemishes" is the one on my nose. I don't know if people know this but I'm sort of self conscious of my nose anyway, something about my family getting made fun of I think... and its just not a very nice spot to get a zit. The first day I felt fairly uncomfortable and was even thinking about avoiding social gatherings this week (not that I have any planned), but then I realized I was being a jerk... still I have taken to using my mom's cover-up make up stuff before I go to school... which is something I haven't done since I was like 13. Its also something I feel quite hypocritical about because I have told numerous people who I am very close with that I didn't think they needed make up, and that I hoped they would some day be confident enough to not wear any. So I'm a jerk. I also feel fairly silly right now (which is why I'm writing this) because I don't really have anything to complain or feel self conscious about... I'm not the most attractive person in the world, but generally I am ok with myself, and I am very satisfied with life... so why worry? I know that the people who are close to me would stand by me regardless of what I looked like and I would do the same for them because I love them for them.

But its nice to have this reminder of what people struggle with daily (not that I haven't not had acne everyday since I was 13) but its nice to be made aware that some people are strong enough to work through society's bullshit -and say "I'm awesome just the way I am thankyou very much and fuck you if you don't think so" those people are courageous and helpful for those of us who are still caught up in this bullshit.


On another note, I think I now have natural eye shadow... as a repeated cut above my left eye is now healing quite nicely... but the skin is much darker there (probably scarred) and I don't think its going to go away.

Anyway... that was Mike's embarrassing update for the week. You take care of yourself, and maybe someone else. Peace and love
taff

2 comments:

Yumi Lover said...

i dont think i would have noticed them if you hadn't circled them in red, ha.

i had godawful acne freshman year of highschool if you recall.

i like makeup. makeup can be art too.

but you are fucking awesome and i love you :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, at least you don't have pink eye.