Thursday, April 03, 2008

The majority of the people who go to my poetry website are people who google "face slapping" which brings up a poem I wrote in the middle of the night because I couldn't sleep and was very angry with someone. Its technically a poem trying to justify my feelings of anger, at an individual but also at myself for the things I have done in my life.
It sort of bothers me that this "deviant" behavior is in many ways exactly what I was disturbed by, and the cause of my frustration. -if you aren't following, I am about 99% sure the people who google that are fetishists, which doesnt bother me, but I have always tried to keep an open mind to what people enjoy.
The problem in this case is that it does actually bother me when people hurt each other... and its hard to come to terms with the reality that some people enjoy that kind of treatment (both being on the giving and receiving end) and at the same time knowing that many of these relationships are really unhealthy.
Its sort of the double edge... how is something that is supposed to be good and ok -like sex and trust and sharing, also something that can be horribly abusive... cuz thats the nature of the beast right?

I dunno.... this isn't very coherent... I guess I just wanted to say something about it because it weirds me out a little... -not the people, but the idea that i was writing about how horrifying stuff like that is, and then people are finding it while trying to enjoy themselves... i guess.

No comments: