Wednesday, April 30, 2008

CDs I highly recommend and have been listening to non-stop lately (the spring CD mix). The songs I choose here… are just the ones I’m especially enjoying now… later I’m sure I will switch and like other ones..





The Plastic Constellation’s We Appreciate You

This is the final CD from the local band and its pretty sweet. It is definitely TPC sounding… favorite tracks include “Perched on a Porch” “Disastrophe” “So Many Friends” and more… if you don’t like the TPC sound, you won’t like this CD… but there are a few songs that I think people could appreciate parts of.




Atmosphere’s When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint that Shit Gold

I really appreciate this CD from atmosphere however it is a slight departure from some of the last CDs which had a more powerful sound, more production, more beats and sound… this one is stripped down like an acoustic version of atmosphere and I love it. Slug tells stories on this CD similar to Lucy Ford, which I’m still partial to. Fav songs… really I like a lot of em.. but I think I like the second half of the CD more… “You” “Yesterday” “Guarantees” “Wild Wild Horses” “Cant break” “the waitress” “In Her Music box” the whole second half is superb… the first half is good too though… I will probably be more into that half in a week… that’s the way I work.



A Night in the Box’s The Hustle, The Prayer, The Thief

This CD is excellent.. The first song sort of encompasses the sound of the band, starts off with a wild jam, then settles into harmonies and some banjo. The sound is simultaneously the sort of folk/bluegrass and rock that I’m sure people out there like me be craving. “Don’t Do Me Wrong” “Can I Bleed?” “The Hustle” “Tom Sawyers and Lawyers” all sweet.





Doomtree False Hopes (2007)

Doomtree always does me right what can I say… This CD is pretty fun right from the beginning… I mean you got so many different MCs, DJs and producers that your pretty much covered… I really enjoy Sims and Mictlan’s cooperations.. Their stuff just works together… Dessa is always impressive she has a song called “If and When” that is simultaneously really creepy, beautiful, sentimental… totally creepy again.. Cecil’s remix for “A hundred Fathers” is incredibly beautiful. P.O.S you gotta love, lyrics and emotion, I dunno… I really cant imagine ever disliking a Doomtree CD, this one just grows and grows on ya. Even the instrumentals are kind of nice… and they remind you that this is a group with influences from everything… in short every track is awesome.

No comments: