Thursday, April 17, 2008

I just realized I have been asked to come back to every job I have ever had.
Maybe thats not a huge accomplishment but it makes me feel pretty good.

The baker square one was the funniest, because the assistant manager practically begged me. He kept saying he could schedule me on any weekends or holidays or anything I ever wanted. Weird because the turnover at the place was crazy, I'm sure he wasn't even there a year later. It was funny because I had only been there a few months and felt like a complete failure every day... but they always told me that I was the fastest learning cook they had had. I was still using the menu to remember what each meal used when I left... (they knew it too). Maybe he just felt bad about my first day as a cook... the cook I was supposed to work with didn't show up... so I was the afternoon cook even though I hadn't been trained in anyway. It was quite the day.
I hate to say it but sometimes I felt like they liked me because I was a college student. Most of the cooks and waitresses were on tough times... I think the fact that I didn't have the added stress, knew the job was not where I was gonna be for life, could hold a conversation about other things... Managers liked that.

No comments: