Saturday, January 21, 2006

money and travel:Well Im not spending too much yet. I was hoping to be saving money while im here and so far i think i have spent about 30$ so thats not bad. Its roughly what i spend in morris on a good week though, which is bad.
considering im gonna be spending about 20 $ a day at least while traveling... my cash may not last too long. Im hoping to stay too if anyone is around. Its hard for people to say if they can come out for summer, and my ticket may only be good till june 28th so what if people do come out and i leave em half way through (that will suck). Im also considering spending march in france w/ illy (though I havent told her that) and hanging out with alexis if she comes for spring break.

pics: Soon I will have the funniest pics in the world up here, but ya gotta wait for my comp so i can d'load them. im hoping my comp gets here monday morning before we go to stirling (probably till wednesday). also I will finally be able to get my india and some edinburgh pics up. (though we havent taken many) and that will be coolerish.

Homework update: Im determined to get my Briggs paper done tonight and finish my book for my directed study by monday, then while im gone work on india and history, and then when i get back finish up my anth and india stuff and then head out for the continent.

Comp and travel: I think with my comp I will also be able to get some of the writing I been meaning to do, and I might bring it even though its heavy, If I take my suitcase (yeah I know im not a real backpacker this time) it will fit in there.

today: me and krystin were basically lazy today, we sat around I talked to people online and did homework. We walked around, to some shops looking for food around dinner time, and after a mile or two walking to the grocery store and buying a pre roasted chicken and some bread and grapes. Then on the way back I stopped at our local store for drinks (so as not to carry them) I think Im getting my travel legs back, to an extent. my hands and feet are constantly freezing though.

Mike being weird: maybe some of you have noticed I have been writing weird messages, e mails and on facebook walls. im feeling creative but dont have anything to say so i have just been letting anything flow and often it turns into weirdness, for example I wrote on laurel's wall just to say hi and after referencing mike the rock broke into
"
what the hell is mike the rock rambling on about, and hows it going, i hear the floor is singled up and quiet like a moutain lion about to strike. is this true, is a lion about to rip your throats apart or is it just more of the usual, the small house cats, possums and raccoons of old. do your remember social science seminar? do you remember me failing it? do you remember the way we were? do you remember where we were? do you remember where I was in this rant about nothing important? was I anywhere near Wareville, NC? is that a real place? is it near? are you near? can you hear? why isnt the bird chopping wood? would you wear and compare the places you have been with where you were and what is near? and would it be clear? please tell me. oh god why wont you answer? for the love of god. Also you should read remily's v is for vendetta or maybe its not her's but make mike the rock read it too. the greeks invented anal lube. this in my conclusion."

I wouldnt say im bored here, its just that with only krystin around im not venting to enough people and thus i get weirder or something, i dont know maybe its all the india music, and the trippy pink floyd and the euro pop.

Maybe its the graying days the yellow elephants the tiger stripes, the sunshine raisins, the california raisins, Brigg's raisins, the raise in prices world wide the globalization the salivation, the personalized privatization the private moments we share.. maybe its the colorful descriptions the wall decorations the paintings at which I stare
the closet of wonder
the secrets you ponder
the way you look at me when i'll im really saying is... I care
are secrets mirrored? and televised to be clearer than windows stained golden with tears of the sun? are portraits self painted, tourists as self hated as purists and chandeliers swing from above? why is it safer to run and displace his feelings while tracing the path of his first rising star, shattered and wonderfully embraced from a far,
soothing and moving, flying and gliding
like pigeons in train stations held at arms length to take pictures mid flapping and drastically trapped and confused
shattering our views
we see in hesitation only the whiteness of doves
and when you race by concerned or elated
I feel as if fated to turn to my partner and proclaim my love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I told you you would get bored