Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Krystin had done some scam to get cash out of her mom for pop. And they needed milk anyway so we (Krystin, her brother elliott and I) were off to the corner store. I got starbursts since i needed some sort of fruit candy. (they are a bit different here, different flavors, scottish flavors a cultural experience) anyway on the way back, we saw a guy on a bike with what looked like a baby and fallen groceries. Krystin stopped and looked at me, and asked if we should help, i took a look and then saw what i thought was a baby and thought "aight" and handed her the milk i was holding.
He had gotten most of it back into his bags, but there was a bit of something green in plastic so I picked it up off the wet street and handed it to him. In broken british (faded scottish, north english, or maybe just from a different town than edinburgh) he exclaimed how happy he was to run into someone who was nice enough to do a favor in this town. For the next ten minutes this man, who Elliott was a "scraggly bum" and krystin felt was "an interesting character" (afterwards) talked to us about organic cooking, his dislike of vegans and his living situation.
He went down a list of 20-30 different foods and went over their functions to help the body, herbs, parts of animals, tea, etc. He discussed why we shouldnt eat sugar (go with honey) caffeine chocolate, coffee and even tea.
Oh and by the way do you know of a bed for the night?
He told us about the family he had been working for, cooking for 24-35 people a article he had written in a magazine 19 years ago.
Toward the end he noticed a man passing by and told him (while he walked on ignoring) and us, how the man looked like a smaller version of a European boxing champ he had created a special diet for.
Im staying in a garage but the man who owns the property has been harassing me.
He spoke of vegans being evil because vegan food destroys your appendix- and how ginseng after being used in tea, could be reused for a "pick me up" (referring to me and krystin having sex) he also mentioned hair, organ and general health remedies.
Im out of the garage by friday morning at 9:00 and then -well thats it for me.
The man was overly gracious in his health tips, and I loved it.
Krystin wanted to run away. I would have stayed forever.
His shoes were from "a bin" the man who bought them wore them "maybe 5 times, then through them in the bin," the best meat comes from the country, it ought to be wild, milk organic, stay away from cheese. Its all about contacts find a hunter who will bring you the meat for cheap.
iodine from the islands, red snapper brains, bones and everything, cook the bones till they're golden, but there are two kinds of golden the good and the bad, so if it gets too golden then no, like aldente.
so if you know of a place, e mail me at organicgems001@hotmail.com (I think?) anyway I should be on my way.



Elliott and Krystin were freaked out, it was the highlight of my day, and reminded me of several such beautiful coincidences in life.
Elliott -Elliott -"He kept talking forever"

Thats what happens when you are lonely, I've been there.

"That guy looked like he was homeless."

He is, but hes an organic chef.

No comments: