Sunday, November 23, 2008

8:30 and I'm getting tired

My house is cold, I think it makes me want to snuggle up in some blankets...maybe make some hot chocolate.


Heres your randomly painted water color for the day...
maybe I should make this a regular feature.


There isn't really anything specifically happening in this painting... but there is some sort of green (woman?) and a lot of weird chaotic nature-ish but also weird structure stuff in the background... (guess which I did first..) anyway... part way through i noticed these orange explosion-y things I was doing in the background and decided that maybe some sort of wood nymph was witnessing the destruction of her homeland.... but then i decided that she would be more sad if that were truly the case, and I dont think she looks sad... so i guess u decide whats going on.


I have been really inspired by some of my students, they are amazing watercolorists and dont even know it. I can't come close to anything they do... its really exceptional, beautiful stuff.... but I think I might use the wrong kind of paper.

Um... also new classes start tomorrow and technically I havent really prepared anything... YIKES... but I think it just means spending the first hour copying shit. Yeah.. thats the ticket.

No comments: