Sunday, November 30, 2008

Everything was Hello and Goodbye

I haven't written any poetry in a long time. It seems daunting when you don't have any topic to write about. I have been painting all this crazy weird modern art shit. Its both really fun and sort of frustrating. My mind wants to turn things into REAL things. The other day I bought some cheap paint, red, blue, turquoise, black and white... and I was determined to paint something. It doesn't look like anything, but if I were to title it, it would be something like
"I remember seeing flowers as I entered eternity."

The painting started as just a fun mess. A lot of turquoise and blue, highlights of red and then I stopped. The second day I returned. I saw bricks and tornadoes, I encased them. I enriched the reds and blues. I darkened corners and added grays and whites. The strange spiraling cross became some sort of windmill, but not really.

No comments: