Thursday, November 27, 2008

I feel like I'm probably really hungry, but also frustrated, which tend to be competing notions in my brain.

This morning when I was driving to my Mother's, I thought "na, fuck the whole anti-depressant thing, I don't need that" And I thought how funny it was how quickly these thoughts can come and go. Then when I was driving home I felt it hit me again. I tried to convince myself that I should think like I did when I was a teenager, night time is a wonderful time of adventure, like a vampire... its time to shine, like a werewolf, its time to howl... but I couldn't make the switch so easily.
Right now, I feel very weighted down with stress that doesn't belong to me. I feel like its none of my business and yet I cannot sit idle. I fear I take things as a personal affront when they have nothing to do with me, but simply the person has chosen a different path.
But I find it a lot harder to listen to them next time, or not distrust their motives... and knowing this about myself, I tend to just put up the barrier in the first place rather than deal with those later consequences... that should never have to happen...

but when they happen. I am quite known to forgive and forget aren't I?

Its times like this I write cheesy poems to reassure myself and others...
Remember this one mike?

Wake up another day,

another chance to count my blessings

Though on the horizon

I spy the dark clouds coalescing

This is the way - to fortify my spirit,

Confront the wave of change

And never fear it


There is a place here

for every feeling

every notion

and when the waves near

we learn by dealing

with the motion

No comments: