Wednesday, June 11, 2008

life feels less complete

I was going through pictures. They reminded me of places I had visited and events I had participated in... scenes I had watched unfold. The first few were cracked, it seemed odd, I wanted to call the company that had developed them. but I kept going through the large stack, the next set were from some camping trip. The people seemed happy, I felt like I recognized them.. then some nature shots. They were gorgeous! I started making plans to win contests with these amazing photos. The tree, that amazing tree. The sunset on the swamp water. And then back to friends. Warmth. It continued like this. It seemed these events were recent, they were important.
I woke from this dream and thought about it... just when did any of this happen? and none of it did. But I recognized those photos, I recognized the people and locations. I loved them.
and now I'm sad.

No comments: