Monday, March 19, 2007

it was only days ago I was day dreaming about making a book of poetry, something like adrianne's though never expecting to outdo her or anything... i mean i was aware i am a shitty poet, i was just thinking about how fun it is, and how much i actually do love to play with words some times... and then tonight I was reading my homework and I hated everything poets stood for, because they have ruined it with names and attempts and it has lost its magic. or maybe thats just how i felt at the time... something so much more soothing about singing a rhyme in your car, or tapping your foot to piece you are scribbling... no attempts to capture the proper (insert vocab word here) I hate that, i hate that they have codefied every little word choice and phrase, every line fits a style every syllable means something... to those perfect poet acadamians... but my verse comes out with flow and thats all that i go for.
like the song i sang this afternoon in my car, putting words in that imagined girls mouth, as she explored the beauty of her flowetry. and because i have no memory she is gone, except a picture in my mind.

*****

and on that note... do i think in pictures? I dont remember words and things people said, but i often dont remember actions either... maybe just still shots. and usually something dramatic is not just the picture but whatever i imagined that emotion looked like at the time.

For example... when julie and sarah reminded me a week ago of an event that happened in jr high, i didnt remember the event, the word nor even being there, but i did remember a still shot of them sneaking into the bathroom and me posting up nearby...
and apparently that was that...
(They apparently found some pictures of some of the popular girls modeling or something, and put them in the boys bathroom)
a jr high crime, and I didnt even remember....

my memory really is awful... i been trying to remember the lyrics to this song... i remember some, but not full lines... i think i need to visualize them in an order...

No comments: