Thursday, March 01, 2007

I feel like I lied in my phone interview, and whats worse is, I feel like they are gonna call me on it.

They asked me for a time I had difficulty with an employer or manager or someone with authority, who I was intimidated by.
I couldnt think of anything.
So I said, well my boss at Nick's Icecream and Pop corn, or whatever...
had a different style of managing and training than I did... and I sort of talked about how over time He became cool with me, but I think I made it sound like I confronted Nick a whole bunch, like "hey bossman, backoff"
but really it was more like, "Nick I wasnt sure what you meant, because you yelled it from the backroom, so after asking questions, and you thinking I was dumb, I just did this, and Im willing to do stuff again if you dont think its ok, but i had no idea what you were talking about. "

in reality it was more like, overtime Nick learned that I was a fairly stand up guy, that I would talk to him about stuff, that I worked my ass off and was committed and that unlike my lazy ass friends I took the job seriously... and for that and other things he ended up respecting me, even though we had different views on things.


But now I feel like a bad boy...
its not like they can call Nick and say something like... Mr mikey mike told us he told you off... will you comment on that?
a) nick would be like "what?"
b) nick does like me
c) they would both stop talking to me... (as in rejection from teach for america....)

but anyway... now im back to not having anything important to say.... 3 minute confession...

other then that... if they dont like me... well I tried, and I was me.

No comments: