Friday, March 16, 2007

I just told tom "I need to do homework, but im all wound up."

i was having a discussion with my step mom.... apparently she thought it was an argument. Steve summarized the dispute as:

she told you to bring it down to the individual level, (she believes societal problems can be blamed on parents and individual's choices) so you talked about her family, and then she thought you were dissing them, when really you were just getting your point across.
(something like that)

so im not in the wrong, there were other people there who understood what i was saying... and i apologized to her, both during the conversation and after and she basically implied that i like to make her feel bad, and i spent half an hour sitting at my dads feeling like i was an asshole for trying to explain that capitalism depends upon a heirarchal system that exploits people... nothing more... but apparently admitting the basic truths of a system is too much. and i am an asshole.

Then on the way to buying a fucking camera cuz like i told her, i am not excluding myself or anyone else from the mutually shared exploitative system and the responsibility that comes with it. i broke down in the car and called my dad and cried on the phone because i couldnt handle this woman thinking i was such a horrible person, when all i was doing was saying the facts.

I could never be a revolutionary, I care too much what people think.

No comments: