Monday, March 12, 2007

I spose I could give you a real post... professional like...

Well its spring break and I am doing mostly nada. I have hung with some cats, and missed some cats, and petted my cat. but mainly sitting around watching movies and reading books for school.

So today I went to best buy and barnes and noble for some purchases I seemed to require. and checked out cameras ... but mainly im just trying to give you a lead up to why I am giving this post... after that I was on the other side of town with not much to do, and no word from aimee... so naturally i went and cleaned my car at my dads house and hung out with him all night.

Anyway... talks with the parents have led me to realize I have 3-4 options which are as follows:

Teach for america
Teach abroad
go to school (soon)
go to school later (work now)


Teach for america is really the goal at this point. It offers adventure, challenge, a stepping stone, a teaching license and more. It will certainly be hard, but after that what wont I be able to do? and as far as teaching, isnt it every teacher's goal at some point to inspire the uninspired, give support to those who have little... etc etc i wanna be the cliche... but more so.. it really goes along with all my values -people are worth it, everyone deserves support, if you believe in people they will thrive... etc
thats what I want. of course it has its draw backs.... being away from home, possibly lack of support, the hardest challenge of my life most likely... etc but those can be good things. character building things, and certainly i need to build character.


Teaching abroad is similar but has its draw backs as well... the biggest being i wouldnt get a teaching license out of it, and I would be far from home... but of course as much as i love the US and always miss it when im gone (the people) i love to travel.... i love to meet people and once again I believe people deserve the support... so thats nice. Where? most programs go to asia... grant says i would do fine in taiwan. I would approve of asia or africa... maybe even central or south america... work on my spanish...

go to school.... well yeah i need a license... i want to teach, but i dont want to go somewhere to some small town like mankato or st cloud for 6 months to get a license... if i do it, i will do it somewhere near home... and hopefully that will give me the chance to be near friends, rely on support from family. then after that abroad? far away minneapolis st paul? who knows.

finally.. the fourth option is to work for now and try to get in to a program later, like the twin cities' campus masters ed program... where in a year and a half i would have a license, a masters from UMN and probably some contacts... in the mean time, an assistant teaching job? a campaign job? something that inspires me to keep going... hopefully.



and a belief in fate and a faith in the world and god, allow me to flow until I find where I need to go...


Why do I love this third eye blind cd so much? I always have, its brilliant and yet them as a band i could care less for... and i dont like to give them as much credit as i do... but i love all of these songs...

anyway...

Im reading Black Elk Speaks, a biography about a man named black Elk an Ogalala Lakota medicine man, who had a vision and spends his life trying to make it come true. (perhaps not succeeding as he would like to, perhaps succeeding in the longer run)

but it reminds me that I believe in so much of this stuff, and i wonder if all these drugs we take to cool our tempers (Literally and figuratively) are keeping us from our spiritual purposes... perhaps a fever is a gift.

"and theres this burning, just like theres always been.
Ive never been so alone, and I, I've never been so alive. "

No comments: