Monday, May 16, 2011

Last train out of Aberdeen
bound for new orleans


Lets see... 2 days left of the art assistanceness.... My teacher that i'm working with is having all these meetings and interviews after school so she cant get dirty... which means its all me... I think tomorrow Im gonna clean the room. We have been dying t shirts... the floor is a spectral swamp of dots and blotches in all your favorite reds yellows greens and blues.
I made 3 t shirts.... they didnt turn out exactly right... but they are aight.. One of my students decorated the back of one of them, that was nice... the girl had been fake taking credit for everything i did all summer... there are a number of running jokes around involving me.. like basically any time anything goes wrong it is blamed on me and everyone calls me different weird names.

It has been a really fun program... there is no doubt about that... i tend to laugh and smile a lot. I spose thats one thing I want in a classroom, something healthy.
I worry about my informality being a problem with hiring... but I also feel like i connect to the students more so than some of the other teachers... and I dont think thats wrong right?

I have some pictures of students, but I dont think it would be good to put them on here...

No comments: