Sunday, May 01, 2011

I long for something truthful
Is it too much to ask that I find it in your face?
expectations never satisfied, for each moment creates anew
excitement builds and magnifies until 
disappointment becomes my view.

My mother says its the meaning you make of experiences
and that when you are older the difference is made plain
compassion for our young inner selves, 
reveals  realities and
inevitably relieves the strain.

But tonight I lay in my memories
child victim mocked for his excitement
looking for love in all the wrong places
stomach sick, head down
so as not to see the disgust on their faces.

Yes I long for something truthful
a moment of understanding between us
I won't say love, for of course that takes time
but just a  hint of  receptivity could allow me 
to leave the shame behind.

No comments: