Friday, May 13, 2011

"I've got to set my sights just to get struck"

I spent like 3 hours in a dream (or at least it felt like it). The dream had various components. 
Overall, we were on a massive plane (three floors) it was something like 4-5 sections from front to back and 4 sections of seats from side to side. The plane had huge windows so you could see whatever city you were in from the inside, and at times it felt like there were no walls at all.  Knowing what city you were in was important because this was a world traveling plane... with many stops... for some reason it felt like I had to guess which city each time... I remember trying to pick out the architecture of Paris and London -but it was always night time.

The plane had similar features to the dorm hall that the previous dream had included and at  times I think the two got mixed together... like I specifically remember coming across a fellow passenger I had been hanging with and talking to her parents who were visiting for the weekend. I encouraged them  to keep pressuring her into making her space more comfortable.  

Anyway, similar to a dorm, the plane had many younger people. They all seemed to be from about 18-30, and all the other passengers were basically just obstacles in the way. They would try to sit down or sleep and block you in. 

During one of the many stops (the majority of the dream) I remember making friends with a group of people who were out on adventures. One of them I found particularly attractive and she seemed to like me. We spent what seemed like a good amount of time together, leading activities, enjoying each-other's humor and insight. She had pink redish hair that you could tell was normally brown.  She was very confident and carried herself well. 

I remember one of the big conflicts of the dream was people having to wait for the bathroom (while in flight) because the laundry machine was on. A huge line formed... I was 2nd to last in line, she was last, but for some reason the bathroom was in like a completely separate place from the plane... so while I went I was thinking about this girl and building up my confidence to ask her out... with a feeling like- if not now then it would never happen... so when I got out and she was next, I asked her and she said she was a lesbian. I think I acted like I was fine with that, but remember saying something like "Well if there is ever a small chance in your mind that you are bi, hit me up"  and she responded, "If I was bi, I'd be all over the Rastafarians."  Which we then talked about for a minute and then I woke up sad and with this song in my head.

No comments: