Monday, September 29, 2008

right right

A fortune from a fortune cookie told me on friday to change up my routine this weekend. I am not sure I did that necessarily, but yesterday around 6, I was about to watch another movie and instead chose to go to an open mic night at a coffee shop near my work.
This place is new, so it was a low key event. A number of musicians played. They were alright. I was working on a piece for the first hour so, I didn't pay too much attention.
After about an hour and a half, I decided to sign up on the list.
I performed 4 poems
Open Mics (the one I wrote there)
Music poem (in honor of all the musicians)
Little Town on a Hill (because I like the words)
Jihad (Cuz I wanted to do something political)

The crowd was very nice to me, and I felt accomplished.
I have made this point before but it shocks me every time

Why is it that I can stand in front of a class without feeling so nervous but cant stand in front of an audience without shaking?
I told them at one point that I was wearing two pairs of pants so they couldn't see (I'd been wearing them all day, it just happened to work out).

Anyway, they were super nice to me and after me some other younger artists played and they were awesome!! and I totally had a wonderful time.

Then me and morgan went to his work for dinner... and I am still stuffed.

No comments: