Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Word of warning to this post... extreme cheese writing (read bad rhyming).. like always... but just lettin you know.


Well its been a weekend, not sure what else to say.
Remind me to call this job tomorrow.
Tomorrow is also my presentation (last day of class) which I haven't finished working on yet.
There should be some sort of celebration after. Followed by a week of such.
Pretty soon I will return home, I'm sure I will think of Morris very fondly and of course the people here, but also I will be aware that I got what I came for and more. So it will be a fond parting... and then return to my room in my mom's house and become something else.

I'm thinking about how weird friendship is. I'm sure I am entering some new stage where friendship will not take its same form, and I worry, and I wonder, and I hope, and I move on because I have no choice... and I can hear it in their voices, and their eyes which look away too quickly, without pause and without anxiety, proving they haven't hidden anything away... just done with it all. Suggests I move on too, without said anxiety.
I feel sorry for the young ones, but am excited for them. Step up to your throne. Step up to receive the gift and horror of responsibility.

We step too with worried toes- testing the water, who first to swim?
We watch as those who have gone before us exhaust themselves treading and pleading for some plastic raft, a kick board, to make it all just a bit less harsh. How many years must I tread they ask? Or have you seen a better way?
Assured somewhere down the road that we will all be well.

Well I sadden at the loss of possibility, but to cling is to die, so lets give it a try.
You too with your cut and run, you too with your fly away, you too with your man, you too with the fiancée, you too with your bum, you too with the drugs, the fun, the flail and wail, the dedication to grass or suit or booze or cheer- far and fast to slow and near- to fulfill a need or breed some more, to anyone and everywhere and every dream that we could dare. I say damn straight we ready for it, dancing strong, fear in our eyes, see some holding close some cutting ties. and I's figurin we ain't doing nothing new, just walking forward with our untied shoes.
Unprepared, and loosely fittin, prepared to jump from the shoes in which this path is written. But my fortune cookie states it clear if you can get over the sappiness, an unexpected event will soon bring you some happiness.

No comments: