Tuesday, August 14, 2007

So every few years.... or every year... god sends me a nice little wake up call thats says dont be too materialistic... apparently it was time.

Steve flipped the wrong switch, and it blew my harddrive.

this is the 4/5 time depending on how much you count, that i have lost over a years worth of work... all my pictures... word files... music games...

now best buy says they may be able to restore some of it... maybe they can even fix my computer... but if its really shot... well.... then maybe i can buy new software for 200 bucks and start over again... much better than the 1800 i'd have to spend for a new computer... but still..

im glad i put some stuff online... but i dont put it all up... i have thousands of pictures that arent online, lots of poems and stories... stuff people have sent me etc..

my grama's house once burned down, and my mom tried to explain how devastated she was to have lost all her possessions... but like everyone what she missed the most were the pictures. you guys have seen how many pictures i take...
i take them because i love them, and i try to remember every little thing with them...
but god likes to remind me not to hold on to the past. likes to remind me not to hold on to the legacy... the possessions, the thoughts, the creations... that i have convinced myself were safe on my computer.... I entered this world without anything... and I wont leave anything behind either if these sweeping brush fires keep making their way through my pcs every year or two...

im sure blogger will erase this someday... some mechanical error... and it will all be gone.
better start printing out plastic copies right now...

oh well -i will keep you posted, but probably not too much... cuz in a week and a half im sposed to go back to college... and i might not even get my comp back before then...

read books, paint, hang with friends...

you enjoy yourselves now.

No comments: