Friday, August 31, 2007

I started the sort of work aspect of my school today. Workshops and speeches and shit at the morris area high school. The teacher Im working with seems to see things in pretty much the same way I do, and I like that. Hes got a lot of heart, and that makes me inspired to work with him. I think he has learned to tone down his personal opinions, while maintaining the sort of pleasure and humanity of the job which although not exactly my deal, is something I can certainly learn from.
Today we heard the funniest motivational speaker I have ever seen. He was amazing... 1/3 stand up comedian 1/3 counseling session 1/3 inspirational conclusions. I will try to find his name and get you a link. I was thinking it would be wonderful to have him on tape and listen before class everyday.
Today shouldnt be a fine day, it should be an amazing day.

The best part of today was just watching the teachers interact... they are so human when they arent in teacher mode, and certainly I saw a lot of that this summer, especially things like going out for a drink after work... but today I saw them squirm through lectures, make jokes while people were talking, and have the same discomfort as students get when a speaker asks a pointed question and no one knows exactly what answer they are looking for.

No comments: