Thursday, May 17, 2007

Its been less than a week since graduation and what a strange week.
Saturday night we went out, and it was fun, a little weird... then sunday it was finish packing and come home... where i had nothing to do... but we had dinner with my mom for mothers day... then monday me and steve took off to meet up with my dad and aunt out in sioux falls where my gramps lived and celebrated his birthday 84th birthday of the 14th... its funny i can remember how old he is, but i cant remember my parents birthdays... anyway I stayed the night there talking to Becky on the phone... and its been nice sharing with her, and sort of going through the same troubles and transitions... relationships, jobs, life... the ickiness..but its really nice to connect with someone who you are comfy with.
Anyway me and steve drive back the next day,(tuesday) and go out to dinner with my older brother at benihana where we order expensive food though none of us have a great deal of money... and then go see hot fuzz... which they think is amazing because they like police movies but i have to say shaun of the dead was better... of course james hasnt seen shaun of the dead so he cant compare and i tell him to go rent it that night... which he probably didnt do.
wednesday morning i go to an interview for a 6 week summer enrichment program for special needs students... and basically get the job... or at least I seem to have... they asked me back for a 3:30 meeting in which they set out some of the parameters of the program with the staff... so yeah.
Wednesday night I hang with becky, we watch 2 great movies, the science of sleep and the documentary about the dixie chicks controversy shut up and sing and then this morning i wake up and find an e mail that says I can come back to morris for the ed program if I want... and i have serious reservations... however it really is the best thing for me... and hopefully it will just be a semester out there and then back to teach in the city.

my mom says i should contact some schools right now for placement...

the big negative is not being here for my girls...
but it also means so much less work, a place I know and have friends... and teachers who i think are good... a program that is supposedly great etc...
sort of worried about breaking some hearts.

really havent hung out with anyone yet...
i got 4 As and an A- for my 20 credits.

the saddest news all week, my gramps is in the hospital, hopefully just for a small infection and exhaustion, but he apparently had a lot of problems right away after we left... and honestly his health takes a turn for the worse every time he is lonely or frustrated... and its hard and sad...

steve rushed out to see him, Im very proud of him for that. I love his willingness.

the new brother ali cd is genious, but i keep listening to best friends forever because i need the cheeriness.

how are you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The only heart you should worry about breaking is your own, I say, knowing that you like me will not listen to that advice.
Did the school tell you where you could be placed? I guess the thing to do would be to look around and see what other programs are available to you and which seem the most reasonable. Me? I'm actually pretty terrified of starting up this Fall. Either way I know you have my back. And I know you know how to figure this out.

Cheers,
*L