Monday, May 21, 2007

Im having a hard time getting certain things done, and by certain things I mean writing people I need to write.

There is probably a list of somewhere between 6-20 people i need to write really bad, before the opportunity is completely gone and what not... or they said something I need to respond to, or i need to thank them for something. Its not that I dont think a lot about what to say, its that I seem to get really afraid of writing it down all of a sudden when its time.
Sometimes in the middle of the night i wake up and run to my computer and type out an e mail to someone because i have either been thinking about it so much, or because a dream told me to, or because suddenly i awoke with the inspiration... but mostly i sit around all day near my computer thinking about e mails i need to write and I do every other little thing first, hoping that the momentum will get me to do it.
but basically i have a fear of writing... i think because im afraid of making a mistake... its like I know what i want to say, and I know im good at getting it across to the person, but im afraid that the moment will come and i wont say it right. so i dont do it.
I spose in some ways im having that problem in a variety of creative mediums... and i blame it on not having the right tools, or the right energy... like i was talking to my dad on the phone and he was asking if i was painting anything and i said "no, you have all my supplies right now, and i dont know what to draw..." then i realized i was actually drawing on the computer while he was talking to me... it wasnt that i didnt want to... it was that i didnt want to be held accountable... its one thing to fuck around with ms paint its another to paint on canvas... people see it. you cant screw up...

im afraid of screwing up.

its weird because now everything seems so set, and i dont have to worry about anything... im back in school i have a summer job... friends are aight... my biggest worry is feeding the damn fish while my mom is in san diego.
but im sitting around watching movies and youtube and checking e mail and listening to music and reading alone in my room.... not doing anything fun, not really hanging out with anyone... and when they call im glad, im happy to go out.. but i dont really know what to do...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I know what you mean. I am constantly reading and editing my blogs. I worry about putting my thoughts out for everyone to see. I worry about what people will think if I present condradictory thoughts or if my ideas accuate.
I take a long time to write letter and it is often too late when I am done with them.
-Kat