Tuesday, February 06, 2007







Mat says "this wet cement is quicksand, that melts time away,


her eyes are somewhere inbetween, blue sky and rocks of gray."








but anyways...


i promised a two parter... because really the weekend was not about the hair... it was about the homecoming...

friday
And so.... in relative order.... drove home with molly strother (sp?) a girl i should have met a long time ago... the sis of (hopefully future sister in law) james girlfriend julie. an anth major with a lot of the same friends... but somehow we never ran in to eachother... and it was fun... both the ride there and back.
dinner with aimee (recently home from montana, perhaps for a while)... laurens apartment for damian marley and strange strange games...

bennigans... for the boys... drinks for everyone but me and chris...
and as morecame and then the guests of the evening....
and good times...
but then the winding down effort was a little awkward...


saturday
I spent the morning at my dads place petting the cat, then ate at Emily's lebanese deli (a sort of ha--ar tradition) with my pops and my brother... monopolzing conversation in that way im prone to do when im excited or passionate... talking as if the two highly intelligent men i was sitting with didnt understand me... but they played along.

anyway the afternoon was with my mom, dinner with her and grant and the boys discussing their new idea... another good conversation
and then a wedding... petes cousin...
his family all dressed up and me, their semi adopted son... a warm welcome from cousins, parents, aunts and siblings i havent seen in a while...
and watching pete on the dance floor with his girl who not only keeps up but inspires the energy in him. and it looked perfect... and me and half his family sat back and watched as the beauty of pete shone through.... warm and affectionate, a social animal... a people person, a hilarious tasmanian devil...
I fell in love with my oldest friend again, and it only took a few minutes.
We spent the night, talking and drinking, playing games eating and dancing...
i took pictures as if i could ever capture the moment...

I hope things go well for them.
it was a great reminder of everything good, in a family that has felt a lot of tension and changes.

sunday
i woke and ran errands... stopped to hang with my dad and step sis.
had lunch with chris, and said goodbye to aimee.
picked up molly and headed back to mo-town...

mohawks for mo-town
the game was on but none of us watched it..

ben came home late and i hadnt even started my homework so why not get hot chocolate at the bar?

it was a good weekend, me thinks.
peace and love -taff

No comments: