Friday, February 02, 2007

Frustrating....

I go talk to the Women studies advisor and she tells me I need 12 more credits, I am taken aback by this because I was under the impression I needed 8 more credits. She does add that 2 of them are done, with the india class... so that makes 10.. but a class I was counting on doesnt count (according to her). I check my APAS (the computer system major analysis thing) and it says I only need 8 credits (the india trip doesnt show up because its special) that makes 6 credits. (1 class and 1 directed study, or 2 directed studies).
Its especially frustrating because I knew I wanted to be a women studies minor first... that was the first thing that I really got in to at school and I took all these classes on purpose to fulfill that requirement, now I find that I am the furthest behind on that minor. (this semester I will complete my anth, hist, and soc minors).
Next year, I have 2 semesters: 1 of classes -that are set out in a block, non changable... the other student teaching , hopefully abroad or in some other state...
This leaves little to no time to finish a minor. This summer I need a job, no more trips and fun just work (unless opportunity knocks and seems impatient).

I was planning on doing some directed studies or something and just picking up the slack to finish it off before next semester... now it seems like I may have to either drop my minor... (i have the area of emphasis) or work my ass off... gar.

waiting on an e mail

No comments: