Thursday, January 04, 2007

I was reading this Upanishad last night and it was talking about how every one has a piece of the life of the universe -the everything (but it does not take away from the whole). I was thinking about how according to most religions, we are all trapped in this mindset where we are seeking the wrong things (usually the material). Well this outer us, is a shell that makes the inner us seem sort of muddy, but only to eachother's outer shell... Still because we are trapped in that mindset we confuse what we see of their shell through our shell thinking that we are seeing clearly.

Thus we blame others for entrapping and diluding their shell (making the purity of their soul less visible) because of our shell.

When what we should be doing is looking inward to increase the visibility of our own purity, our own universal life/love/goodness, breaking away our own shell and allowing it to affect those around us.

The hard part is though, (at least in hinduism) that during this whole process we are all aware that eachother is part of, is the universe is good is life is love. So we are eternally attracted to eachother, because our shell tells us that adding these parts together is better, but that is the shell talking, which will always screw up, causing us to be frustrated with eachother. when we are in love with eachother...
According to hinduism, one must look inward to realize that there is no difference between "the two" of you. So by recognizing your internal goodness, you recognize the connection between "you and the other" thus eliminating the desire/compulsion and the feelings of joy and sorrow that you feel in trying to connect. You are connected. there is no need to try.

Cross over in to christian stuff,
Christ says you will not weep for those who are not with you in heaven, because those who are with you will be closer to you than the family ties and love relationships you have on earth. You are more connected in the heavenly universe than on the material earth.
Christ says look inward to learn how to heal the problems, associated with others.
Christ says deal with your own emotions and before trying to deal with others.
Christ says forgive, dont see differences, dont care for the material, dont do things that would hurt you or others.


On a me note.
I have been struggling because when I am feeling good, connected, calm, mentally stable, I dont harbor bad feelings, I forget or accept barriers that keep people from me, I forget negative things.
When I am down though, or when I am riding high and someone brings me back to earth, I become aware of these things... but my feeling of connection is still so strong, still so at peace with them, that i become even more frustrated... because i am made aware of barriers where I dont see them. I am made to feel barriers where I had previously not felt them.

I talk about the beauty of my dreams, in which these connections are stronger than they had ever been, in my sub conscious, in my spiritual, in my mind (sometimes) in my heart (sometimes) I am expanding, in my material reality I am contracting.
and the waves, the roller coaster, the extremes, are hard to understand, hard to bring together.

It took me an hour or so this morning to figure out if I was dreaming or awake, and even when i was showering an hour and a half after waking it felt like a dream, my instincts, reflexes and motivations were not yet in line, my senses were off. I would think to do one thing and do another.

Anyway.... spirituality is fun.

No comments: