Saturday, January 13, 2007

this might end up sounding horribly conceited... but i was thinking about how proud i am of myself at the times when i remain patient and calm when everything emotionally wants to explode... i spose thats not exactly true -my emotions are rarely so volatile, but rather sometimes i am able to bite my lip when and listen when i want to yell, or rationalize my emotions/fears/frustrations when im ready to react. I get proud of myself because from my point of view this staying calm and rational allows me to react in the right way, to reaffirm my values, to be ok with myself. It keeps me from regretting for months and years a word that was said, a momentary eruption.
I become proud when i do the right thing even when its not in my best interest, knowing that what i value is not my enflamed emotions, but my relationships...

but whats funny, and i was talking to someone recently about this.

It makes other people think I dont care. When they expect action, emotion I react calm and collect myself. they accuse me of having no passion, no love no fire.
and for me it keeps the flames cool enough so i dont accidently burn them or myself.

but some want burn marks -to know I'm theirs.

No comments: