Sunday, December 28, 2008

Welcome to this crew, you can move right?

The sun was out for a bit today, brightening everyone's drive with blinding action. The Part Tavern was full of vikings fans shouting about the littlest things. In some ways it always creeps me out (how much they are like nazis) in other ways it is cute (how much they are like kids).
I started doing my homework. A look into my backpack revealed a lot of strange and familiar items. Has it been so long? End class will be all about dealing with life. Anger, Depression, Forgiveness, Shame, not so much on how to prevent things from happening, but how best to process in order to move on and maybe see that they don't happen again. The house is clean again in case of another party. Morgan did it all... I feel slightly bad about that but also feel like it was his choice to invite everyone. I was just an innocent bystander.
Last night I had a conversation with Amy and Gabs about random things and it was amazingly nice. Then as the bar called out its last call and turned on the lights, Amy was wrapped in a black scarf that darkened her already dark hair and eyes. Gabi meanwhile was halo-d by a street lamp that made her light hair look blond and the inside light made her face shine. I was having a conversation with light and dark and neither was better or worse they were flowing and mixing and everything was comfortable.

I am reminded this week how nice it is to be surrounded by people who knew you before or as you turned into a person. They will all leave soon.


I'm leaving you early, a call to play spades.

No comments: