Monday, December 01, 2008

Im sorry if this pissed anyone off, its just me venting frustration.

I realized in a conversation tonight, that all these years of having friends who have slipped into forms of substance abuse have really created a strong bias.
Some of you are saying "yeah, no shit mike" right now... but I think its a lot more powerful than what I show. I think I get very dismissive and full of contempt... not because drugs themselves are so bad, but because I have seen so many people throw parts of their life away, some of the best qualities, and sometimes our relationship because they slipped into substance abuse.
I say slipped in, because no one is ever aware when they do it... and that's what is so scary. None of them think they are doing anything abnormal. It goes from having a good time to needing in less time than anyone can see. I worry when people get defensive about it, I worry when people do it alone, when they are down or when they are up. I worry when its become your life.
I worry that I cant trust your motives or feelings, which makes me feel I cant put my faith or support in you.
All these years have really gotten to me.

No comments: