Saturday, December 20, 2008

Someone very close to my heart posed a question tonight, not so much in words but with out saying anything as is often their custom.

What should one pursue?

What they are good at? What they believe in? What they do(professionally), what they do(no-professionally), love, relationships, advancement, education? etc

I think the weight is overwhelming. At one point I felt it was hard to breathe while just thinking about it. Of course in this situation they were choosing between more limited but none the less important options.

It also hit me for the first time, a glorious celebration of day really, that I may lose this person, not because of what they do-but the overwhelming stress and weight of the way in which they do it. I didn't share that with them, for I'm not quite sure its time, but at some point we all need to rest.

No comments: