Monday, August 25, 2008

Turns out I am loved

A check came today from my mother that should help me get through the next few weeks. A mix up at work, left me living off credit cards.

A suicide prevention worker (and the one time girlfriend of a man who once committed suicide) told us today that she thinks guilt is an arrogant emotion. It is, by most eastern standards, the assumption that your influence is so great on the spirit of another, or on this world that you could cause them harm. I think I understood her point, but having felt guilty most of my life (even knowing that it isnt logical) I can see a lot of positive from it, and though it sometimes weighs me down... I would rather have this weight that teaches, than a light fluffy cloud that allows me to be irresponsible.

How should one respond to hinted messages?
Certainly not with assumptions. But not responding can seem like a dismissal.
Casey Jones you better watch your speed.





___________

Turns out my work feels the same way about copy rights. (SCORE!)
Pretty much every day makes it seem like things could get better.

___________

No comments: