Sunday, August 10, 2008

I aint no fuckin lion!

I went to bed at 3amish.... yes 3 Amish, but that doesnt necessarily explain why I woke up at 5:30 PM. Must have been the placenta twist cone I got at McDonalds.
I have now used up my new inside jokes.


HMMM...

I went to see some shows yesterday which were excellent. A Night In The Box and Charlie Parr at Pizza Luce (2 blocks down). Really WOWed the crowd. It was sort of bella.
Hung out with Emily Stout a bunch and then saw The Warriors at the Uptown. Which was awesome!
I have to say though, it really made me want to work at a theater like that. The management guy came in (using a inside joke from the movie) and proceeded to announce some things... at one point he said if people sign up for this club they have the theater will make money... which he then explained he doesnt need personally cuz he makes a ridiculously large salary. then went on to tell us how he was a very rich man... it was a funny in jest sort of thing... u probably had to be there... but it was sweet.

Recently we found out the guys down stairs from us are Chris Koza's (local musician) main band. I also saw Cecil Otter hanging out with our neighbors two houses down...
Uptown is a strange place... u run into local celebs just by living.

The other day I had a dream about some girl. I have been hoping to meet her, but I have forgotten what she looks like. She was very nice. We would have gotten along me thinks.
Headed back to work in like a week and a half.

Need love - send money.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Thanks as always for your comment... in response...

According to the internets, the average first marriage age in Japan is up to around 28 for women and 30 for me, as of about 2 years ago. More and more women are choosing careers over marriage/family life. Japanese families have also become wealthier, allowing adult children to live at home and pursue only work & pleasures.

In the US, apparently marriage age varies much more by location and socioeconomical status, but clocks in at around 25 for women and 26 for men.

For me, I didn't imagine myself married for most of my young life. Then I did, and planned to marry Andrew, and now, when I think about being married, I can still only thing of my old plans, which are not available to me. So I can't think of marrying anyone else until I've either realized or let go of those old ideas. I'm not too skeptical about young marriage (though I don't really want it) but I don't want to do it just because it's the logical "next step" of a college relationship, or something like that.

I have doubts, if that's what you mean by assuming the middle when forced to the side. Not all the time, though I suppose you could call me "on the fence" because when there are doubts, I don't have the strength to act on or dispel those thoughts. What do you do with that feeling when you have it? Do you desire non-permenance because of options, or personal freedom, or what?

I worry that we young liberals might be lonely in the future... unless we live as Laurel, communally and without letting our friends slip away.

the philosophy I was pondering today was the place of revenge in modern society. So... it does matter, in terms of human instincts, satisfactions, the relenquishing of power to an impartial judge, and so forth...

interesting article here: http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008/04/21/080421fa_fact_diamond