Monday, August 04, 2008

Someone dropped a paint brush

The other day I sold a painting for $10. It was a small little thing I had done the day before... and was really more of a poetry sale than a painting sale. It was the only thing we (Morgan and I) sold on Saturday.
Morgan and Becky had this theory that if you price your shit higher people will buy it cuz they think its important. I think thats gross.
I would rather give everything away than sell it to people who only bought it because they thought it was worth something. Fuck that. Its either worth something or not, if it is, take it for the reasonable price I put on it or take it for free because you actually like it.
If it moves you, or you like the coloring, or you think "ah thats cool" then I'm happy my crap could make you smile... if not thats cool too... because I wasn't doing it for you.
I could never make a living as an artist. But I was glad to have ten bucks in my pocket cuz I could go buy a cd or some more cheap paint.
And as long as I got that... well life cant be that bad.

No comments: