Monday, January 26, 2009

to be honest

We don't really die, unless no one bothers to remember that we were human.
Even then, the universe certainly uses us.
Life to Life, Dust to Dust.
Grief is good. Its the process of realizing how much someone mattered... and if we use it well, then they will always matter.

This is why I struggle so much with my uncle dying... because I have such few good memories (and everyone else has so few) that I don't grieve. I want to, but it seems pointless. The best thing he ever did in his life was help conceive his daughter and then for all his love he made her life so fucked up. I won't say awful. I won't say that he wasn't still a father... and though I am tempted I wont say she's better off... because who am I to judge. But personally I know he's probably in a better place and despite the loss, I sincerely believe that she will be able to live her life more fully now...

No comments: