Saturday, January 24, 2009

Another wonderful concert experience

Toki Wright, Sims, Yoni and Omaur Bliss all took the stage and did mini sets, many unrehearsed but showing off raw talent. Sims displayed his new work which he claimed he wrote all in one week. He then dropped the music for the second song and proceeded to do the entire vocal part a cappella. This set was the first time I have ever been able to hear the majority of sims lyrics during a live show. He was really enjoying it too. Yoni and Omaur did their thing, wowing the crowd. Keeping it enjoyable, I still like Yoni more with Pleasure Pause but after the show when I bought his cd he gave me an extra copy to hand out (gave it to the people I went to the show with). I have never seen or hear Toki Wright perform, but I loved it. He doesn't sound like the mn hip hop people even if he is from here... but he sounds great none the less, and he raps with such grace and authenticity and excitement and character that you would think that was how he spoke.

After the show when I returned home a noisy clatter from downstairs startled me. It appeared our long lost roommate had decided to return home after not living here for a few weeks... and he had brought friends. Drunken friends.
They had just gotten home from the bar. Two girls, Two guys. So you would think some sort of coupling had occurred, but no. Me and Morgan were talking in my room when one of the drunken ladies burst in and asked "Are those guys ok guys?" and we had to tell her... "we don't really know." Afterall Josh is our roommate but we found him on craigslist. His friend... well we dont know his name so he was referred to as fluffy head guy all night.
The girl started a conversation with us. Turns out shes a middle school counselor. She seems really cool so I told we should be facebook friends. But as it turns out... she was also looking for a place to stay tonight... as drunken fluffyheaded boy had been their ride... and well at first he was passed out on the floor and later he suddenly woke up and stumbled downstairs to drive away drunk. After about 45 minutes of conversation and slight awkwardness she asked who's bed was larger... and of course morgan's is... but of course I wasn't going to let her sleep in mine anyway... so.

We have house guests I guess is the point of this story.

1 comment:

MINI-APPL said...

Mikey! I want to hang out and go to some shows!