Thursday, January 29, 2009

If you never had a chance to check out cuomo! I hope that one day you do have that chance. I got all the music he offered for sale that night... and i have never for a second been disappointed.

"holiday" and "kiss the third rail" are two of my favorite songs and are currently on his myspace. its just the simple way he sings the lines as if life is filled with beauty and even in deep sorrow he sounds happy, passionate
and I absolutely love his sentiments in things like love and relationships and humanity, I was just listening to "No One, Never, Nothing"

"Well somebody gave me some happiness, so I gave it to the person I saw.
And sat down alone on the sidewalk, with nothing in my heart at all.
With nothing to be taken away from me, nothing to be taken away, nothing to be taken away from me...
Lord I've got no idea where I'm going and don't you ever take that away...
The ocean might still take my body, and the world might still take my soul, but if I give you my heart its yours for good, to hold or break as you will...
Well ashes to ashes and dust to dust, we'll always forget it I'm sure, but if we sing it out now while we still have the breath, we can put it in the air for good. where no one can take it away from us, where no one can take it away, where no one can take it away from us."

there is a line in "holiday" where he says "hes up here looking for a friend... amongst... the folks who no one needs, except for me."

he likes to blur the lines between sanity and living and find connection in everything.


-these are all qualities I admire and wish to regain.

No comments: