Friday, July 27, 2007

Well I was attempting to put up some pictures of art my students made, bt blogger is being a douche.

Im really enjoying this new cd by the hold steady, i was looking for some old lifter puller (lftr pllr?) stuff and cheapo didnt have any... but this is good too... and I got a cd by buck 65 which is pretty sweet... and my new mel gibson and the pants cd just arrived today and I havent even had a chance to listen to it.

Headed to the show tonight.

Um miss, if you want to talk about more than your cat all you have to do is talk about more than your cat... fair enough right?
for instance, try bizarre words that will eventually lead people to your blog... like how google sent some one my way after they looked up "grandmamas erotica" thats just funny... I dont have a problem with their search (lord knows i cant judge and have seen plenty worse) more just that it lead them to me somehow....


I watched this movie this afternoon called "peaceful warrior" and it reminded me that I need to read some more eastern philosphy stuff... and tell becky about it before she goes...
I sometimes wonder how im doing in life, and then i run down a checklist like:

*do you enjoy the moment =well sometimes...
*do you fear stuff and let it hold you back =yeah, but not always...
*do you love, question irrational emotions, and seek peaceful solutions =yeah
*do you seek out positivity =yeah
*do you let the past and future get in the way of the present =sometimes
*do you worry to the point of distraction =yeah
etc etc
but the real nice part is...
do you do these negative things more or less than you use to?
and the answer is easily much less
do you do these positive things more or less than you use to?
oh much more.

So its a nice little checklist... its nice to know too that when im down, i dont get too freaked out about it anymore... of course I will probably prove myself wrong within moments... but thats ok... cuz why kick yourself, when really its time to get up and keep going...

one of the things the movie was saying... was that you will never be better or worse than anyone else... and I like to think I believe that, but I do find myself judging people when I dont feel like they are pushing themselves in a direction that betters them.. I think thats something I shouldnt cut slack for, but should certainly understand that there are different paths to enlightenment. and to that extent... im happy, headed lovingly toward something friendly.
what more could one ask for?

I often worry that love will be ripped from me... but really has it ever been?
and death, oh death I worry for your presence... but remind me death when you happen to visit, that transition and change doesnt mean loss, doesnt mean no more... but rather new opportunities to fine tune relationships, to learn, and love some more... and be thankful for what has been given.


....This is where the obligatory god is great, god is merciful would come in...


Thanks all.

No comments: