Friday, July 13, 2007

It was a birthday party, crowded street, petes old street right in front of his old house. Only the lawn looked different because pits had been dug, so that things could be put in them, like the pit of doom... a crocodile and various scorpions and things... and illy had one on her, and picked it up with her fingers and showed it to me, and i was freaking out and told her to throw it back... but everyone thought it was funny to have the horrible creatures crawling everywhere.
The street was filled with relatives, I think it was pete's b day, but they were certainly his relatives... not ones i know... just old people smiling and waving and having a good time... and young children playing with the scorpions and what not... and me and maggie carlson (one of my first female friends-from preschool) were dancing with them... and though i came late, all my girls i had ever been friends with (that pete had been friends with) were sort of gathered, and I went through hugging them, cuz it had been so long, and I kissed Gabi on the cheek.. and told her I missed her.
It got dark quick... and pete was on a sort of couch... Kiera passed out on a mattress laying in front of him. Pete was playing guitar, a song I didnt really know... but seemed vaguely familiar... and I started singing along... cuz the words were on boards, that could be rotated to tell you the next verse... they were on som mechanical device, a strange light up sign... that pointed the way to various events and things at the party... one said "teenage mutant ninja turtles area" or something...
we were singing along, pete had never been so in tune. He started singing harmonies, after showing me how to sing the regular verse... and mike foulkes joined in... though he was drunk.
I felt odd not knowing the words... and they started making them up... but we sang at the top of our lungs... and the party seemed to not care.
It was really beautiful...

when I woke, a song I didnt recognize was playing on itunes... and it was the song we were singing, but with different words...

all week i been trying to remember my dreams... all of a sudden I remember like three... they often have to do with shopping at strange stores... as if we are all on a trip... or being at strange places, like small hillside towns... where you have to walk up and down hills to get to the stores u need to get to... where I dont quite know the way around... but we are trying to get supplies and things... to each his own in each new place.... in fact i often am alone in these dreams... sort of pursuing my own agenda... while trying to keep others organized... trying to make sure they have what they need, or fulfilling their needs on the side... (like getting the item everyone will need, but no one remembers)... its weird that shopping is in so many...

I remember in one I was trying to get alcohol, but all the stores either sucked or were closed... so I just kept walking around the same 3 or 4 buildings hoping something would suddenly come up.

No comments: