Wednesday, February 12, 2020

PS

PS on that last post,

Left between protecting my concept of you, and my concept of myself, I throw myself out the window to protect my heart (and concept of you). 
How many times have I expressed that in a million ways.
And still... even though it causes me to act out, to hurt, to hate, to be bitter, I keep doing it.
Some part of me has tied this idea to the larger self... its a values thing. 
I am only forgivable for my actions, if I can forgive you, believe in you, love you. 

Is this a christian thing? (my child version of christianity was extremely black and white)

Is this an empath, middle child, child of divorce, caretaker thing?

I am an optimistic cynic. I will acknowledge my hatred and pain, but I will always fight my own anger and bitterness to protect this underlying value, otherwise I don't really see any point in living. 
If there isn't hope that people can change and be their true selves, then what is the point?





No comments: