Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Nightmares

The first I don't remember well, distinctively I remember only a few seconds. I was huddled on my back holding someone else, as if to protect them, but I wasn't doing a very good job. Above us a large and looming person with violence their intent.
I remember pleading, very briefly, it was as if it invigorated him, his reaction to immediately stomp with hard boots. So large,  it seemed they would crush right through my face with one blow.
And as if they did, I woke up. I felt there was someone in my room.

In the second I had to repel him, this time it was my father, there was only one way, consecutive blows, I had to fight him off. It wasn't so much that he was fighting back as that the only way I could push him back was with blows to the face. I had to, I don't know why, but it needed to be immediate and physical. 

The third, I was the first to the dining hall. I remember being confronted on my apparent lack of patience, as I had already served myself something like an appetizer of bread and eggs or something before anyone else had gotten there. I allowed them to fill up the tables, everyone dressed alike, like bootcamp, white tshirts tucked in to pants and boots. 
I spilled something, or someone did, and though there was a sense of urgency I decided I needed to clean up the spill, after all if these were not the circumstances, I would clean it up. So I must with dignity, follow through. I was careful to get all the drops of the sticky orange syrup. 
By the time I had finished it was my time to get food, NO, they were vacating, the food was being taken away, the others were filing out, I had missed my opportunity.
It seemed vital I eat, fill up, the last metal steamer had a few pieces of burnt bacon, on top of what seemed like tater tots... I knew I didn't want the tots, but I grabbed for a handful of food to wrap up in the pancake like foods on my plate. I did this just as they were taking them away and I was grateful for the food. 
As soon as I had finished, I noticed there was only the one other person like me left, and he was working with a mechanic, he seemed off limits. I walked out the hallway nervously. I knew it had begun, not that I wanted to do anything about it... but quite quickly someone attacked me and I killed him just as quickly. 
I stopped by the open door way (that seemed like the board room at school) and taunted them, as if to say bring it on, and immediately three of them ran at me. Two entered the room behind me (the center room), I tried to explain it was a joke but they were ready. 
The one looked familiar, I will call him V, as I tried to explain to V that it was just a joke, he said he understood but now it was too late, and I continued to step back putting the table between us. 
In the room we were in there were several of my allies in the corner, but we had taken them off guard and they were innocents. It wasn't like they had killed anyone before... so as the other one who had entered came around the table (lets call her J) I instinctively grabbed at her, flung her into the table, against the wall, up to the ceiling, I was incredibly strong and she was like a sack of nothing by the time I threw her bloodied corpse down the hallway.  V was shocked and didn't know what to do... I let him go.
My team seemed off guard, and I approached the other door to the room to shut it... but when I did that A started singing or rapping down the hallway. It was as if he was putting on a musical, his gang kept pace behind him, but he had a gun, and he was gunning for me. I was clearly the biggest threat, and though his tiny stature would be nothing without the gun, I was scared. 
How many bullets would they give him, I backed into my room again and shut the door... my team tried to hold it, but a close range fight broke out, and I was somehow wounded, so were others... but A was out of bullets and I knew he would be quick to fall...
I ran though, I was bleeding, my belly had cuts that needed to be stitched and I couldn't do that inside the building so I stumbled through the streets into a back alley medic. He seemed startled as if he had been watching the thing on tv, and it took threats of violence for him to see me. 
We were in a small dark cramped changing room, he was prepping me for stitches in the biggest cut and I was using an alcohol pad like a moist towelette to clean the wounds when the bug landed on me. At first I wasn't alarmed, but as i tried to brush it away, I became aware that it had begun moving towards the open wound, more urgently I swatted at it. Then suddenly it reverse its body and dug into the wound, laying eggs in me I tried to pull it out, but only got parts. A new rush of adrenaline knew this was dangerous, and then I awoke.


No comments: