Wednesday, December 19, 2007






Those are some kids I hang with....
fucking freaks. hehehe
It’s really hard to do busy work when u have already finished your finals and shit...

tomorrow is painting day... and drinking day I think-the last drinking day.... I hope I don’t throw up.


my room is half packed and half waiting to be packed = fucking mess


Kellogg’s corn pops have done me real good this last week.


I obviously don’t have anything real to say... just sort of scrambling for substance to avoid the homeworks...

******and now i will devolve into a 14 year old shallow obsessive son of a monkey******

Lately I have been feeling really bad about the way I look... and contemplating bad things. I know a lot of this has to do with shaving.... I think it makes my face look fatter when I don’t have facial hair to elongate it (spelling?) Makes me wish I had had braces to fix my overbite to fix my jaw, so that my jaw line is more defined...
but I also know I was complaining about this before I shaved... so maybe I’m just being very critical lately...

It really bothers me how I have such different standards for myself than others.... for instance I tend to be more worried about skinny girls than attracted to them... and skinny boys are equally sort of offturning... but somehow when i was very young I got it into my head that that’s what I should look like.... so when I look at people like Jared and huck (second picture) who are both above 6 feet and weigh less than me... I tend to be very self conscious... I don’t think most people notice... even wearing t shirts...ughhh I get to complain about this because it’s my blog by the way... so u can’t complain.

I usually don’t even notice the features that I criticize in myself in others... I realized that a few days ago... I don’t look at them and see the things I see in the mirror... so I imagine they don’t see me that way.... but it saddens me greatly to think that any of them would feel like I do about myself...because I’m constantly sort of adoring them..(one of like three reasons for all the pictures)...
now one could say these things do not matter and I do... I constantly say they do not matter... but I was thinking that I wouldn’t "dress up" for interviews and do the whole suit and tie thing... but then I saw all the boys I would be up against, dresses sharp in their fancy black suits and thought about how I would look in comparison... and well.... I don’t know if I will get these jobs without a suit, a haircut, a workout routine.
and that depresses me greatly.

Oh world... you sure do have a way of beating down those who dig you.
****
on a happy sad note....
tonight it hit me that I wouldn’t be here much longer, and I was overwhelmed with that sense of loss... and I’m glad because that’s important, and I really loved college, at least the social aspect.


****
On a sidenote the person I was thinking of the other day wrote me... and that made me happy... I dont know if she read this and knew... but either way that sort of made my day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, it must suck to be a man.

What I mean to say is, quit comparing yourself to other people, it has never done anyone a spot of good. Besides, I like your round face.

*L

Yumi Lover said...

Call me & tell me when ur here.

PS asians have round faces and your face is not fat or round.

Emily said...

Tim Schmidt can attest to this happening... I was in common cup in my last 30 minutes in morris, when I looked up wildly and said "Oh my god, I didn't get to say goodbye to Mike!", and then panicked a little bit.
Later I thought "Well, goodbyes and all... they're terrible!" even if I really wanted to come say it and hug you and hang out and paint... oh well. I'm disappointed, but that's how the cookie crumbles.

I'd love to have your mailing address, home or coon rapids or where ever you will wander.

love love love
(ps, you're beautiful!)
Emily