Saturday, June 16, 2007

HMMMM updates


Someone told me I needed to post…
I have been out of town… Sioux Falls, the birth home of my father and childhood home of my gramps…. So fathers’ day weekend seemed like a good time to visit right?

Some thoughts on aging and families:
My gramps just moved in to a different nursing home, at breakfast he decided that all the people were too old. He is 84 and a few weeks ago he could barely even walk or get out of bed (hes doing better now) but he said they were all at least 95-100, and I thought it was interesting that to all of us, he is old amongst old people, while he still clearly sees a difference. He is waiting for an assisted living apartment to open up…. But until then he is in a small room in the nursing home area.

Several of my uncles and cousins came to visit…. 5 of my cousins are having babies this year… 3 in one family… actually 2 are already arrived and three to go… seeing these babies, and being surrounded by my family I had the hugest urges to have a baby…. Which is weird cuz its not something I think about when im alone…. Maybe when im in a relationship… but not while sitting in my room. Still it seems so natural… and I think I will make a good father some day. But not quite yet.

On Work:
I started work this week…. 2 days of training, one of which was learning “nonviolent physical crisis prevention” meaning how to hold a kid back when he is trying to kill people…. The 2 days of actual work were easy because we didn’t have many classes… this next week will be a full week.
I met some of the mothers and they were married and had anywhere from 1-3 children….they are all younger than me… it’s a little weird… their first questions were about that…. And I didn’t know how to respond.
The art room is fine, we are working on a bunch of things I have never done, but they seem simple enough. Also I get to drive a big ass van… so that’s cool. (I guess…)

Fathers Day:
We bought my dad some silver…. He likes silver… we are gonna eat some Lebanese food.

Books:
Im about 2/3s of the way through the alchemist, and love it.
Its pretty much my beliefs written in story form, so that’s cool…. I think I will read that kite runner book next.

Future:
I guess im fairly sure im on a decent path… and I got in to spooner with a super single… so that’s cool…. I hope everyone comes to visit… or I wont even get any use out of the extra bed.
I need to meet some new people… Im worried Im gonna be single forever.
I been talking to Lex a little via messages and what not... and she seems happy and positive about her future... and its really nice to hear that, -of course it makes me like her and/or want to find the same thing... but thats ok. One can be happy for people one cares for. and if these books tell me anything, its that a persons personal journey/legend/dream etc will bring them where they need to go, and allow them to meet those they need to meet. so follow your heart and listen to the universe.
peace and love

No comments: