Thursday, September 22, 2005

A long music post, specifically about the band Goldfinger


So i was standing in the 4b shower and started singing these two songs, (they are in order on the cd, and the first one is only a minute long so, the next one just naturally followed.
anyway this first song describes the 4b shower incredibly well...
""My Girlfriend's Shower Sucks"

The temperature changes
It chills me to the bone
It makes me wish that I was
cleaning myself at home

It makes me grumpy and
sometimes I lose hope
The water's hard, so I can
never rinse the soap

and it's got no pressure
The water dribbles down on me
and it's got no pressure
It's like the shower's going pee"

"Miles Away"

How deep is your love?
How deep is the ocean?
How deep is the sea?
and how deep is my love?

How deep is your love?
How deep is the ocean?
How deep is the sea?
and how deep is my love?

[Chorus]

It's miles away
Miles away
Miles away
Yeah miles away

How much do you want?
and how far can I take you?
How bad does this hurt?
How much do I want you?

How blind can I be?
so when can I see you?
Will it ever be?
and how deep is my love?

[Chorus]
[Chorus]

Let's go

[Chorus]

SO I immediately realized i hadnt made goldfinger available on my comp (itunes) yet and i thought, "that just isnt right."
then i started thinking about it and what the band means to me, yeah they are mostly jokes, angsty punk and break up songs, but this was me teen years right here. watching zack skateboard, playing tony hawk and rockin out with pete and foulkes, even doing the skits they have inbetween songs with them...

"yuo get crabs you know big deal,"
"nithin a little flea soap wont cure"
"yeah just fucking scrub em"


so then i was thinking... why do i like these guys so much? like i mean besides the fun.. and i realized they do have some emotional shit to offer, i mean maybe not "donut dans gonna get hummer from a man"
but like i totally used this one to work on issues with my dad

"Too Late"

The young boy has
turned into a man
and he's growing stronger
he's battled through things
he thought he could
go on no longer
father stood by his side
wanting nothing more
than just be his dad
but pride only answers
to one call
he only condemns him

and if the boy only knew
the father's pain
the nights that he
stayed up late
wondered why
doesn't he see the future
is so bleak so bleak

father's retired now
he's left with tv and rest
the weight of the world
and what did he do wrong
has gone to his chest
he had such a good life
the family he loved
were all by his side
to his son he whispered
goddamn this pride

so fuck i'm all by myself
now you've gone away
you've left me
all by myself
with that fucked up
thing you said
if i could forgive myself
you knew the way
now i'm all by myself
and i'm sorry

but if you only knew
your son's pain
how bad that he wanted
you to say
you're doing just fine
you turned out to be
one good guy
but it's too late"



and me and kristen would play "99 red balloons" (a cover) on our radio show inbetween fuckin around and forgetting i couldnt swear, asking like a monkey.

so my conclusion is i need to get more goldfinger cds
besides they work on animal rights stuff... so thas cool.

No comments: